Hotel Old Cable House
- Useful information
This family run hotel lends itself to a very homely atmosphere. Its origins can be traced to the first trans-Atlantic telegraph cable, from which it derives its name, layed from Ireland to USA in 1866, joining the old and new worlds for the first time. (01/05 LD)
The original building dates back to 1866 and has been extended and modernised, retaining as much original feature as possible, to become what it is today.
The lobby is small and welcoming with a tourist information point.
Small sized lobby, Earliest check-in at 12:00, Porterage 24 hour, 2 floors, Coach parking, Car parking (Payable to hotel, if applicable), Baby sitting, Laundry facilities
Unpretentious good food cooked with care and served in a small intimate dining room with open fires. Allot of the produce is sourced from locally.
All rooms are bright and spacious with individual styling.
Television, Direct dial phone, Hairdryer, Automatic wake-up call, Voltage 220v
Useful information: Hotel Old Cable House
Other names for Hotel Old Cable House:
The Old Cable Historical House
Location: Hotel Old Cable House
Situated in the village of Waterville on the world famous Ring of Kerry, approximately 1 hours from Kerry airport and 2 hours from Shannon and Cork airports.
1 kms to city centre, 65 kms to the airport (killarney), 150 kms to the airport (cork), 60 km to the nearest station (killarney)